Nursery care is provided for children up to age five year round, and religious education is provided to children and youth from September to May. Because we are a spiritually diverse and welcoming congregation, our children explore religious truth and meaning as it is revealed through many traditions. We build intergenerational relationships through regular congregation-wide social justice activities and meaningful worship experiences designed to connect adults and children.
At UUFN, we foster each child’s personal spiritual development through community ritual, storytelling, music, creative play, and simple meditation. Sunday lessons for children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade focus on our Unitarian Universalist heritage and identity and the Seven Principles that describe our shared values. We strive to provide our children with opportunities to explore the world and their own experiences in a supportive community.
Our goal is to nurture:
- Spiritual growth through a variety of practices and traditions
- Ethical growth through support for living out one’s values
- Religious exploration of the basic teachings of other religions and philosophies
- Encouragement to act as agents of change for more peace, justice and love in the world
- Unitarian Universalist identity and a lifelong faith